Digital marketing is one of the best ways to market your products and services to a bigger audience. It is the desire of every business especially SME(S)/SMB(s)(small to medium enterprises/ businesses) to reach to potential customers, create relationships and get them to purchase your products and services. What automatically comes to mind when digital marketing comes into discussion is “this sophisticated method of getting customers online “but in actual fact it is simple and straight forward”. The objective of this post is to discuss how you can harness the tools within digital marketing to the growth of your business in 2021.
My desire is to make this post short ,practical, applicable and simple. Everyone should be able to take what’s applicable in their industry and implement it with simplicity. I hope you are going to get one or two things you can implement into your business.
What is digital marketing and how can it help a small business?
Digital marketing is the form of marketing that extends the usual form of marketing by utilizing the internet and other technologies. In simple terms its fair to call it online marketing ,although it sometimes extends beyond that simple definition. The most common tools used to implement a digital marketing strategy include the following.
- A Connection to the internet. It is where most people interact according the space station “59,3% of all South Africans now have access to the internet in some way” this shows that more than half of your customers are connected to the internet already.
- Internet connecting devices, cell phones ,computers, laptops etc..
- Social media ,this is where you interact with customers and potential clients since most people use at least one or more social media channel(s).
- An email, it is mostly used to communicate with target customers
- A website, this is where a business drives the to be customers/leads/prospects/people interested in your message, so that they get to know what is on offer.A website does this job 24/7
- Analytics dashboard ,used to measure results of your marketing efforts.
- These are some of the basics although there is more, i just selected these to keep the discussion simple.
How can digital marketing help a small business?
Before going to the practical side of this discussion, these are some of the advantages of digital marketing.
- You reach more people where by one post can reach a large number of people.
- Helps you to know the concerns of your customers, their problems and how your product or service can solve them
- Interact with your clients in real time.
- Sharing your latest offer to a wide a audience.
- Get orders and purchases ,if your business is in a niche that allows online orders.
Where to start
Every marketing effort starts with a strategy. Most business owners take this for granted but a strategy is all it takes to win your goal. Here are some things to consider when crafting your strategy. Define your ideal customer, do a research on where most of them interact, choose the channels to use ,interact and measure the results.
Channels to use in 2021
This is the practical part and the most important section of this post. The first channel or rather it can be called a step is to have a landing page. This may be a website, mobile application or a social media page but the best among these is a website because it gives you a chance to express yourself in a broad way. That’s where you drive all leads/traffic to so that they can know your story and how you can solve their problems.
Your website as a digital marketing channel
This is the practical part and the most important section of this post.The first channel or rather it can be called a step is to have a landing page.This may be a website,mobile application or social media page but the best of these is a website because it gives you a chance to express yourself in a broad way.This where you drive all leads/traffic to so that they can know your story and how you can solve their problems.
How do you get traffic to your website.
There are so many methods to get people to your website which are in two forms that’s paid and non paid. First for a small business you need free methods in order to test the effectiveness of your website, if free traffic converts well on your website you can give it a boost by using paid traffic sources.
The first free method to get traffic to your website is through social media. If you create accounts in relevant social media platforms engage your audience and give them a reason to visit your website. A practical example is through this very post most of the readers came because of the need for information, same applies to your website. You need to write posts that trigger the interest of your customers, then post a summary on social media platforms plus a link to the full post.
forums and classifieds websites are also a good source of traffic. Some of them don’t allow website links but you can put your website address on your pictures.
The next method is physical where you include your website address on your business cards, flyers, cars. You can also spread it using the word of mouth method.
There is more, since i made a promise above ,i think i have to write the other parts as separate posts. The topics will include, using search engine optimization to get more traffic(SEO),using social media to get more clients. We shall also create videos on those topics so subscribe to our channel or our newsletter so as to get the latest updates .
We will also keep improving this post since digital marketing is a dynamic field ,feel free to comment we value your input.
If you would like assistance with any digital marketing service that may include ,strategy, web designing, logo designing, graphics designing, seo ,or any other feel free to use the contact form below.
OUR RECENT BLOG
How to get a website as a musician in South Africa Charity begins at home and should never end there. The reason why
Website visitors in South Africa are not a hard thing to have.For as long as you have your house in order you are sure to